Group DescriptionThe Western Washington DX Club (WWDXC) is one of the largest and most active radio clubs on the West Coast. Our members are licensed amateur radio operators who have an interest in DX (distance) communications and radio contest operating. The WWDXC is an ARRL-affiliated club.
- sponsors the Washington State Salmon Run annual operating contest.
- competes for the Pacific Northwest Challenge Cup Traveling Trophy.
- sponsors several awards including the Washington Totem Award.
- administers the William Bennett W7PHO Scholarship.
- helps fund DXpeditions to rare DXCC entities.
- hosts the Pacific Northwest DX Convention.
Club meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of each month. Informal "DX Lunch" gatherings are held around club territory as organized by the club’s members. WWDXC members stay in close touch through the club’s newsletter, The Totem Tabloid, via the internet using the club’s e-mail reflector, and over the club’s W7DX repeater (147.00- 103.5PL). Membership in the WWDXC provides the opportunity for comradery, DX Community, teamwork, coupled with a spirit of friendly competition.
- 173 Members
- 8,715 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.