Topics

reminder: Wines of South Australia, June 11, 2019

Susan Gartner

Greetings,

Come join us for some lovely wines from South Australia, ideal for a summer barbecue.

In addition to the famous Barossa Valley we will visit wines from Limestone Coast and McLaren Vale.

South Australia is the largest and best known wine growing region in Australia.  This region has  a diverse climate and a variety of soil types (sand, clay, terra rossa and limestone) which offer the opportunity to grow a wide range of grapes.

We will begin with a delicious Chardonnay followed by two Cabernets, one Cab from McLaren Vale and one from the Limestone Coast.  The tasting will continue with two excellent Shiraz, one from the Limestone Coast and one from the Barossa Valley.

The comparison of the two Cabs and the two Shiraz will offer the chance to taste the same grape grown in different regions.

The wines may inspire folks to plan a special barbecue celebrating summer in true Australian fashion.

We were able to find some nice discounts from Total Wine and this class will be a $20 tasting.   The wines will be accompanied by crusty baguettes and select cheeses from Calvert Woodley.

Pease note that this week’s tasting will be held in the cafeteria.

I look forward to experiencing a glimpse of South Australia with you on Tuesday.

Cheers,

Susan Gartner

Reston, VA

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#48) | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

(Please do NOT respond to this message. Replies are treated as maintenance information and are not sent to the sender of the message.)

WHERE & WHEN WE MEET: The Seminar meets at 7:45PM every Tuesday (except for July, August and the weeks of December 25th and January 1st) at St. Patricks Episcopal Church at 4700 Whitehaven Pkwy, between Foxhall Road and MacArthur Blvd.

SNOW DAYS: Classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather based on the decision of St. Patricks Church and Day School. Cancellations will be announced in the Mailing List as soon as St. Patricks make the decision.

ARCHIVES - Historical listings of previous wine tastings can be found at http://wwcs-archive.22web.org/