Topics

Different Grapes on Tuesday, May 28

Howard Jeffrey Bender

Hello, Winers –

This week we’ll be tasting wines made from grapes that are not as well known and all from overseas.  We’ll start with a white Spanish Albarino from Val Do Sosego in Rias Baixas that’s rated 90 by Wine Enthusiast then stay in Spain for the first red, a Garnacha from Baronia del Montsant.  Flipping to Portugal we’ll have a Douro from Quinta das Carvalhas that Wine Enthusiast rated 91, followed by an Italian Montepulciano from Barba that James Suckling rated 92.  We complete the evening with a Pinotage vintage from Spier in South Africa that Wine Enthusiast rated 91.  None of the wines are a mixture, so you’ll be able to better understand how these grapes taste and possibly include them in your wine collection.

Two cheeses and our usual crusty bread will also be included.

Here’s your chance to get a broad sample of wines from different grapes, all for only $20!  Such a deal!  Don’t miss it!

Cheers,

Howard