Topics

Crimson Wine Group Tasting on September 24

Barbara Williams

On September 24, we will have our first $30 tasting of the season.  This tasting will include 3 high end red wines that would normally be outside our budget.  My spouse, Tom, is a stockholder in the Crimson Wine Group and once a year he gets good discounts and free shipping on some of the wines from their portfolio.  We have done this tasting 2 times in the past and it is always popular.

This time, in addition to 2 whites, a Chardonnay and a Sauvignon Blanc, we will have two reds from prestigious areas in Washington State, Walla Walla and Red Mountain, as well as the crowd pleasing Old Vines Zinfandel from Seghesio in Sonoma.

I just talked to Carlos and we will have two cheeses that are perfectly matched to the wines—Bucheron, a goat cheese from France, and an aged Manchego, a sheep’s milk cheese from Spain.  Plus plenty of crunchy baguettes of course!

Please come and bring a friend for this special tasting.   Also, note the following.

Washington Wine and Cheese Seminar is now posting just on groups.io not Yahoo.  Thank you to all of you who have transitioned over with us.

If you still haven't subscribed to Groups.io and want to continue receiving our weekly announcements, please do the following:

Using the e-mail account where you wish to receive announcements, send a message to: wwcs+subscribe@groups.io. You will receive an email confirming your subscription; reply to that email to complete your sign-up.  You will then continue to receive the weekly class announcements and any special announcements related to weather-related closings, etc."