15 Surplus VHF Duplexers / Public Auction

Randy Neals

FYI,
Snohomish PUD is auctioning off 15 new/surplus 6 cavity VHF duplexers which operate 144-160 MHz ($195 each)
Motorola Modem X182AB / Celwave PD-5042-1

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2958002

NOTE: These will not work at 600khz, the specs quote 1.5 Mhz min. However, you may be able to use them on amateur repeaters by adding additional cavities, or for APRS/Simplex stations sharing an antenna etc.

Specs/Manual: http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/phelps-dodge/pd-5042-1-vhf-duplexer.pdf

/R

Dana Hanford

I have 6 or 7 surplus Motorola T1487A Pass/Reject 4-Cavity Duplexers, also made by Cellwave, that I’ll part with for the low price of FREE, as long as someone is willing to come to Bainbridge Island and pick them up.

These can be tuned from 148-174 MHz with a minimum separation of 1.5 MHz, not too useful for ham repeaters but you can’t beat the price

73 de,

Dana

Dana Hanford, Jr., KC7SDD

7641 NE North Street

Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-1057

Home/Office: (206) 842-9076

Cell/Text: (206) 660-7147

Dana@...

Snohomish PUD is auctioning off 15 new/surplus 6 cavity VHF duplexers which operate 144-160 MHz ($195 each)
Motorola Modem X182AB / Celwave PD-5042-1

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2958002

NOTE: These will not work at 600khz, the specs quote 1.5 Mhz min. However, you may be able to use them on amateur repeaters by adding additional cavities, or for APRS/Simplex stations sharing an antenna etc.

Specs/Manual: http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/phelps-dodge/pd-5042-1-vhf-duplexer.pdf

/R

Hi Dana,

I'll take one for an APRS DIGI on Cady Mtn, San Juan Island.

Maybe John Hays can grab it for me when he's in the area?

Thanks,
Bryan Hoyer
K7UDR

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 1:01 AM Dana Hanford <dana@...> wrote:

[...]

Stephen W9SK

Hi Dana,

I’ll take one for a Winlink node in North Bend, WA.

Please confirm: can it be tuned down to the standard 144.390MHz for APRS?  If yes, I’ll take a second to stand up an APRS digi node along I90 in North Bend.

73 de Stephen W9SK

Snohomish PUD is auctioning off 15 new/surplus 6 cavity VHF duplexers which operate 144-160 MHz ($195 each)
Motorola Modem X182AB / Celwave PD-5042-1

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2958002

NOTE: These will not work at 600khz, the specs quote 1.5 Mhz min. However, you may be able to use them on amateur repeaters by adding additional cavities, or for APRS/Simplex stations sharing an antenna etc.

Specs/Manual: http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/phelps-dodge/pd-5042-1-vhf-duplexer.pdf

/R

Dana,  I will take it on Bryan's behalf.  If you will be coming up to the Indianola site, or I could run down to the island.

--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA

Dana Hanford

Hi John and Bryan,

I'll be happy to drop it off next week when, hopefully, the tower work will be rescheduled.  I'll let you know.

Are you sure you only want one Bryan?

Dana

*** Sent from my mobile phone ***

Dana Hanford, Jr., CPMR, KC7SDD
Vice President
The Sales Group, Inc.
7641 NE North Street
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-1057
P: (206) 842-9076

Snohomish PUD is auctioning off 15 new/surplus 6 cavity VHF duplexers which operate 144-160 MHz ($195 each)
Motorola Modem X182AB / Celwave PD-5042-1

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2958002

NOTE: These will not work at 600khz, the specs quote 1.5 Mhz min. However, you may be able to use them on amateur repeaters by adding additional cavities, or for APRS/Simplex stations sharing an antenna etc.

Specs/Manual: http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/phelps-dodge/pd-5042-1-vhf-duplexer.pdf

/R

--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE / WRJT-215

Dana Hanford

Hi Stephen,

The duplexers I have are for 148 - 174 MHz, so they may not be suitable for what you need, but you are welcome to a couple of these.  I would like to get them out of my garage.

I could even deliver them in a couple of weeks when I plan to drive to Spokane, if the weather cooperates.  Let me know.