Member comment period open 440.750 K6MBY Sequim

Howard Wilhelm

Following an uneventful test period, the comment period is open for the K6MBY repeater 440.750 Sequim,  if no negative comments are received, the repeater will be considered coordinated August 10,

Ampro Builders

Howard
Is this in fact a narrow band Repeater? I no longer keep up with the different new repeaters.
Rob
AF7PR

Kenny Richards

Rob,

Yes, this is a narrowband (DMR) repeater according to the TDS.

Thanks
Kenny

Ampro Builders

Hi Kenny
Gng 2 Lookout 2 day.
How is the HM Wan progressing ?

The reason I asked about the DNR repeater is that not all repeaters are created equal.
Any junk repeater including WB can be converted now.
Buyer be ware.
Guys who don’t want to pay for s Motorola are using old repeaters with an MMDVM device.

This does not make it always a NB repeater.
It is digital si long as it isn’t used in multi mode including Analog.
Seattle ACS has such a cobble.
FYI
RoB

On Jul 26, 2019, at 10:33 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Rob,

Yes, this is a narrowband (DMR) repeater according to the TDS.

Thanks
Kenny

Yes, as Kenny says, it is a narrow band DMR repeater.

Bob
K6MBY
Sequim, WA

Randy Neals

> “Seattle ACS has such a cobble“

What are you talking about?

Randy, W3RWN

--
Sent from mobile.

Rob Chatham

To Randy
Sorry about the terminology.
You have an MMDVM powered Fusion Repeater in your system last information I had.
It is always up to the repeater owner to insure that the converted analog repeater is narrow band.
Thanks
Rob Chatham
Out

On Jul 27, 2019, at 8:09 AM, Randy Neals <randy@...> wrote:

> “Seattle ACS has such a cobble“

What are you talking about?

Randy, W3RWN

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:22 AM Ampro Builders <rob.chatham46@...> wrote:
Hi Kenny
Gng 2 Lookout 2 day.
How is the HM Wan progressing ?

The reason I asked about the DNR repeater is that not all repeaters are created equal.
Any junk repeater including WB can be converted now.
Buyer be ware.
Guys who don’t want to pay for s Motorola are using old repeaters with an MMDVM device.

This does not make it always a NB repeater.
It is digital si long as it isn’t used in multi mode including Analog.
Seattle ACS has such a cobble.
FYI
RoB

On Jul 26, 2019, at 10:33 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Rob,

Yes, this is a narrowband (DMR) repeater according to the TDS.

Thanks
Kenny

--
Sent from mobile.

Kenny Richards

The system, as described in the TDS, is a multi-mode DMR and System Fusion repeater, both being 12.5 kHz digital systems. There shouldn't be any issues with it operating in these narrowband digital pairs on 70cm.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Randy Neals

The PSRG DMR repeater WW7PSR was a Yaesu DR1X operating with an MMDVM. It was set for narrow band.

It was since replaced with a Motorola MTR-3000 TRBO 100 Watt repeater (Capitol Park, Seattle)

The Seattle ACS DMR repeater W7ACS is a Motorola SLR-5700 TRBO 50 Watt repeater (Lake Forest Park, Seattle)

The West Seattle DMR repeater W7AW is a Motorola SLR-5700 TRBO 50 Watt repeater (Westcrest Park, Seattle)

More info at www.SeattleDMR.org

Randy, W3RWN

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM Rob Chatham <AF7PR.PNW@...> wrote:
To Randy
Sorry about the terminology.
You have an MMDVM powered Fusion Repeater in your system last information I had.
It is always up to the repeater owner to insure that the converted analog repeater is narrow band.
Thanks
Rob Chatham
Out

On Jul 27, 2019, at 8:09 AM, Randy Neals <randy@...> wrote:

> “Seattle ACS has such a cobble“

What are you talking about?

Randy, W3RWN

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:22 AM Ampro Builders <rob.chatham46@...> wrote:
Hi Kenny
Gng 2 Lookout 2 day.
How is the HM Wan progressing ?

The reason I asked about the DNR repeater is that not all repeaters are created equal.
Any junk repeater including WB can be converted now.
Buyer be ware.
Guys who don’t want to pay for s Motorola are using old repeaters with an MMDVM device.

This does not make it always a NB repeater.
It is digital si long as it isn’t used in multi mode including Analog.
Seattle ACS has such a cobble.
FYI
RoB

On Jul 26, 2019, at 10:33 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Rob,

Yes, this is a narrowband (DMR) repeater according to the TDS.

Thanks
Kenny

--
Sent from mobile.

--
Sent from mobile.

Also, note the DR-1X can be set for NFM as well (12.5 KHz.) - a properly setup modem and with the repeater set to NFM should operate just fine in a 12.5 KHz. channel.

Let's not assume one incorrectly built repeater means that a correctly configured repeater cannot be built.

--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA