From: wwara@groups.io [mailto:wwara@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kenny Richards
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:33 AM
To: wwara@groups.io
Subject: [wwara] Minutes for March 2, 2019 Meeting Posted

I posted the minutes from the March 2 meeting to the file section here and on the WWARA website.

In addition to the meeting minutes, I also attached a copy of a proposal I wrote for how the WWARA could transition from 20kHz channels to narrowband (either 12.5kHz and/or 6.25kHz) channels. This question has been a regular topic during board meetings for the last nine months and the last couple general membership meetings.

One of the points raised on Saturday was the 'voting' membership has declined in the WWARA over the last couple years. This isn't really a concern from a financial point of view, the group has plenty of funds. But it also means we have a much small number of repeater owners and users taking part in the governance of the group. As we start discussing the a major transition for the repeater sub-band in Washington, it would really be beneficial to have more voices apart of the discussion.

If you don't normally pay much attention to the WWARA because the leadership is doing a good job, now is a good time to start checking in. Please reach out to me if you are interested in helping develop the proposal for how the WWARA will transition to narrowband channels.

73,
Kenny, KU7M
WWARA Secretary
kenny@...