TX = RX


Jim Lill
 

I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people, including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD


Glenn Elmore
 

Wspr.rocks is showing 7 unique grids beside your own in the last 24 hours.
No DX but you are in that db OK.

On Dec 22, 2021 10:23 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people,
including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet
database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD











Jim Lill
 

are you counting the WA2ZKD/K ?

On 12/22/21 12:53 PM, Glenn Elmore wrote:
Wspr.rocks is showing 7 unique grids beside your own in the last 24 hours.
No DX but you are in that db OK.

On Dec 22, 2021 10:23 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people,
including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet
database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD











Glenn Elmore
 

I counted that as "your own grid".


On Dec 22, 2021 10:57 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

are you counting the WA2ZKD/K ?

On 12/22/21 12:53 PM, Glenn Elmore wrote:
Wspr.rocks is showing 7 unique grids beside your own in the last 24 hours.
No DX but you are in that db OK.

On Dec 22, 2021 10:23 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people,
including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet
database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD












Jim Lill
 

/K works but if I don't put /K on, plain WA2ZKD doe snot show


On 12/22/21 1:07 PM, Glenn Elmore wrote:
I counted that as "your own grid".


On Dec 22, 2021 10:57 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

are you counting the WA2ZKD/K ?

On 12/22/21 12:53 PM, Glenn Elmore wrote:
Wspr.rocks is showing 7 unique grids beside your own in the last 24 hours.
No DX but you are in that db OK.

On Dec 22, 2021 10:23 AM, Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people,
including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet
database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD












Phil Karn
 

How many WSPR receive databases are out there? I've written my own multiband receiving application and would like to feed all there are.

73, Phil

On 12/22/21 09:23, Jim Lill wrote:
I have a TX running on 630M and it being heard but about 8 people, including myself. However, I don't see "spots of myself" in the wsprnet database.  Is this a known issue?

WA2ZKD






Gwyn Griffiths
 

Phil
To my knowledge the single master database to which WSPR receiving applications report is at wsprnet.org. The histogram below shows a snapshot from 17:06 UTC on 1 December of the applications / versions reporting currently. 'Unrecorded' includes WsprDaemon prior to v2.10k and spots uploaded via the old wsprnet.org database interface.

Rob Robinett's WsprDaemon application uploads to wsprnet.org and, optionally, feeds extended spot information to a separate database table at wsprdaemon.org together with, optionally, estimates of contemporaneous noise within the WSPR bands into a noise table.

In addition, via an API at wsprdaemon.org, Rob brings all spots received by wsprnet.org  into a separate table at wsprdaemon.org and then makes spots available via third-party APIs e.g. wsprd.vk7jj.com from Phil VK7JJ, and provides the near-real time spot feed to the wspr.live Clickhouse database from Arne that has all spots from 2008 onwards available online. This is a deliberate attempt to help reduce load on the wsprnet.org server.

An upload to wsprnet.org automatically feeds these and other end-user Apps. There is a diagram at the bottom of the page at  http://wsprdaemon.org/technical.html that gives an outline of paths involving WsprDaemon, but is somewhat out of date and I should revise.

73, Gwyn G3ZIL