Topics

No own call decoding or uploading possible?

Chris Wilson

I have been running wsprdaemon on an RP for a long time with no issues. My router went faulty and I installed new one, creating new IP addresses, so whilst I was in wsprdaemon.conf chaning the IP address of my KiwiSDR I wondered if i could make any kind of setting so it either doesn't decode, or doesn't upload spots of my own callsign? Is this possible, and if so, what do I need to do please? Many thanks for a great application!

Rob Robinett

Hi Chris,

WD currently has no 'blacklist TX call sign(s)' feature. Why do you want it?

Rob

Chris Wilson

The reasoning behind my request, (which it now is, hi hi), is that I can be receiving WSPR on several bands on an SDR here with a dedicated RX antenna, and want to TX WSPR on another antenna and rig. With WSJT-X I can tick the "No own call decodes" box and I don't get the reports showing, nor them uploaded, of my own call. With antennas fairly close I also sometimes see uploads of harmonics of my TX frequency, which in the real world would not be decoded a few hundred yards away. So I could negate useless decodes of my own calls with such a feature, and would love to see it :) Many thanks for the fast response and your great work Rob, all the best. 2E0ILY Chris Wilson.

jimcny2

wsprnet.org ignores own calls

Chris Wilson

Ah, yes, but my Kiwi running the daemon uses 2E0ILY/KIWI as the RX call sign and I transmit WSPR using 2E0ILY, so I would like a means of telling the KIWI script to ignore 2E0ILY, if you see what I mean?

Rob Robinett

OK, I'll add that feature to my TODO list.
Howevef WD already suppresses 'phantom' sideband spots:  in each wspr cycle, on each band, WD uploads only the strongest spot from each tx  callsign.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:21 AM Chris Wilson <chris@...> wrote:
Ah, yes, but my Kiwi running the daemon uses 2E0ILY/KIWI as the RX call sign and I transmit WSPR using 2E0ILY, so I would like a means of telling the KIWI script to ignore 2E0ILY, if you see what I mean?

Chris Wilson

Rob, thanks very much indeed, I am glad you can see and agree it's a sensible use for such a feature and I appreciate your support, all the very best. 2E0ILY