Noise Plots

admin

Interesting bug, but fixed by now.

Dean Shutt

Deleted kiwiclient.log and also index.html then installation proceeded normally.  Problem caused by permissions from previous install.

Dean Shutt

If you are still around my new install throws this error:

./wsprdaemon.sh: line 235: /tmp/./kiwiclient.log: Permission denied

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dean Shutt

Thanks, I am reinstalling now.

Rob Robinett

Your conf file looks OK to me and any user with autosudo permissions should run with it.
But it would be good to create a user 'wsprdaemon' and give it sudo permissions.
I'll try your conf on my Pi in the morning and report back

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 9:03 PM Dean Shutt <al7cr@...> wrote:
I believe so.  Here is my conf file:

##############################################################
### The RECEIVER_LIST() array defines the physical (KIWI_xxx,AUDIO_xxx,SDR_xxx) and logical (MERGED_RX...) receive devices available on this server
### Each element of RECEIVER_LIST is a string with 5 space-seperated fields:
###   " ID(no spaces)             IP:PORT or RTL:n    MyCall       MyGrid  KiwPassword (NULL => none required)"
### In this simple example we will only connect to a single KiwiSDR. No changes are needed on your KiwiSDR to use wsprdaemon.
### Replace the ID G3ZIL_1 below with an identification for your receiver. Replace 10.0.1.89 with the IP address of your KiwiSDR on your network.  
### If you have changed your KiwiSDR from the default 8073 then you will need to make the change in your RECEIVER_LIST below.
### Replace G3ZIL with your callsign and IO90hw with your six character grid locator.
### If your KiwiSDR is on the same subnet as the computer running wsprdaemon you may not need a password, as here, so use NULL.
### If you are on different subnets then replace NULL with your KiwiSDR's password.
ls
 sudo g
declare RECEIVER_LIST=(
        "AL7CR_1                  192.168.0.119:8073     AL7CR      CN82ie    NULL"
)

### wsprdaemon.conf can run complex band scheduling, but in this simple example we use the simplest line with no schedule
### 00:00 is the start time for the schedule, leave as is
### There follows a list of your RECEIVER_ID then a comma then the band designator in metres. Note that options 60eu and 80eu are also available.
### Note that there is no comma between the band and the next RECEIVER_ID, just a space. The order does not matter.
### You can have up to 8 bands on a KiwiSDR with BeagleBone Green and up to 14 on a BeagleBone AI.

declare WSPR_SCHEDULE=(
    "00:00 AL7CR_1,80 AL7CR_1,40 AL7CR_1,30 AL7CR_1,20 AL7CR_1,17 AL7CR_1,15 AL7CR_1,12 AL7CR_1,10"
)

### These are options that you can change
CURL_MEPT_MODE=yes                 ### This is the recommended setting
SIGNAL_LEVEL_STATS=yes              ### Change to yes if you want noise level measurements stored in a signals.log file in each rx directory
                                   ###  and to enable a web page of noise graphs for the last 24 hours
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD_GRAPHS="yes"    ### If changed to yes, wsprdaemon will upload your noise graphs to http://wsprdaemon.org/graphs/CallSign
###                                    Change Callsign in the next line to yours
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD_ID="AL7CR"
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD="yes"           ### change to yes to upload signal level data as part of extended wsprdaemon data, database fields rms_level and c2_level
SIGNAL_LEVEL_LOCAL_GRAPHS="yes"    ### change to no if you do not want LOCAl noise plots, on the computer running wsprdaemon at localhost/noise_graph.png
###
### Now run wsprdaemon in its directory using:
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -a
### and after a few moments check its status with
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -s
### and when you need to stop it
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -z
###

When I stop wsprdaemon and then restart using the -z and -a options a noise plot is made.  However no further data is added until I repeat the process.  I did not install as a seperate user, perhaps I have a permission problem.

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Dean Shutt

I believe so.  Here is my conf file:

##############################################################
### The RECEIVER_LIST() array defines the physical (KIWI_xxx,AUDIO_xxx,SDR_xxx) and logical (MERGED_RX...) receive devices available on this server
### Each element of RECEIVER_LIST is a string with 5 space-seperated fields:
###   " ID(no spaces)             IP:PORT or RTL:n    MyCall       MyGrid  KiwPassword (NULL => none required)"
### In this simple example we will only connect to a single KiwiSDR. No changes are needed on your KiwiSDR to use wsprdaemon.
### Replace the ID G3ZIL_1 below with an identification for your receiver. Replace 10.0.1.89 with the IP address of your KiwiSDR on your network.  
### If you have changed your KiwiSDR from the default 8073 then you will need to make the change in your RECEIVER_LIST below.
### Replace G3ZIL with your callsign and IO90hw with your six character grid locator.
### If your KiwiSDR is on the same subnet as the computer running wsprdaemon you may not need a password, as here, so use NULL.
### If you are on different subnets then replace NULL with your KiwiSDR's password.
ls
 sudo g
declare RECEIVER_LIST=(
        "AL7CR_1                  192.168.0.119:8073     AL7CR      CN82ie    NULL"
)

### wsprdaemon.conf can run complex band scheduling, but in this simple example we use the simplest line with no schedule
### 00:00 is the start time for the schedule, leave as is
### There follows a list of your RECEIVER_ID then a comma then the band designator in metres. Note that options 60eu and 80eu are also available.
### Note that there is no comma between the band and the next RECEIVER_ID, just a space. The order does not matter.
### You can have up to 8 bands on a KiwiSDR with BeagleBone Green and up to 14 on a BeagleBone AI.

declare WSPR_SCHEDULE=(
    "00:00 AL7CR_1,80 AL7CR_1,40 AL7CR_1,30 AL7CR_1,20 AL7CR_1,17 AL7CR_1,15 AL7CR_1,12 AL7CR_1,10"
)

### These are options that you can change
CURL_MEPT_MODE=yes                 ### This is the recommended setting
SIGNAL_LEVEL_STATS=yes              ### Change to yes if you want noise level measurements stored in a signals.log file in each rx directory
                                   ###  and to enable a web page of noise graphs for the last 24 hours
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD_GRAPHS="yes"    ### If changed to yes, wsprdaemon will upload your noise graphs to http://wsprdaemon.org/graphs/CallSign
###                                    Change Callsign in the next line to yours
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD_ID="AL7CR"
SIGNAL_LEVEL_UPLOAD="yes"           ### change to yes to upload signal level data as part of extended wsprdaemon data, database fields rms_level and c2_level
SIGNAL_LEVEL_LOCAL_GRAPHS="yes"    ### change to no if you do not want LOCAl noise plots, on the computer running wsprdaemon at localhost/noise_graph.png
###
### Now run wsprdaemon in its directory using:
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -a
### and after a few moments check its status with
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -s
### and when you need to stop it
### ./wsprdaemon.sh -z
###

When I stop wsprdaemon and then restart using the -z and -a options a noise plot is made.  However no further data is added until I repeat the process.  I did not install as a seperate user, perhaps I have a permission problem.

Rob Robinett

Are you configured to upload spots and noise to wsprdaemon.org?

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 8:48 PM Dean Shutt <al7cr@...> wrote:
That site looks great but all my plots give this error:

Code: 386, e.displayText() = DB::Exception: There is no supertype for types String, UInt8 because some of them are String/FixedString and some of them are not: while executing 'FUNCTION equals(band : 17, 10 : 19) -> equals(band, 10) LowCardinality(UInt8) : 20' (version 21.8.4.51 (official build))

Object

statusText:""

data:Object
message:"Code: 386, e.displayText() = DB::Exception: There is no supertype for types String, UInt8 because some of them are String/FixedString and some of them are not: while executing 'FUNCTION equals(band : 17, 10 : 19) -> equals(band, 10) LowCardinality(UInt8) : 20' (version 21.8.4.51 (official build)) "

error:""

response:"Code: 386, e.displayText() = DB::Exception: There is no supertype for types String, UInt8 because some of them are String/FixedString and some of them are not: while executing 'FUNCTION equals(band : 17, 10 : 19) -> equals(band, 10) LowCardinality(UInt8) : 20' (version 21.8.4.51 (official build)) "

message:"Code: 386, e.displayText() = DB::Exception: There is no supertype for types String, UInt8 because some of them are String/FixedString and some of them are not: while executing 'FUNCTION equals(band : 17, 10 : 19) -> equals(band, 10) LowCardinality(UInt8) : 20' (version 21.8.4.51 (official build)) "

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Dean Shutt

That site looks great but all my plots give this error:

Code: 386, e.displayText() = DB::Exception: There is no supertype for types String, UInt8 because some of them are String/FixedString and some of them are not: while executing 'FUNCTION equals(band : 17, 10 : 19) -> equals(band, 10) LowCardinality(UInt8) : 20' (version 21.8.4.51 (official build))

Object

Rob Robinett

Hi Dean,

Use https://wspr.live/gui/d/ereVvgn7z/station-noise-stats?orgId=1&refresh=1m to get far more flexible displays of your noise levels and much more.

Rob 

Dean Shutt

I have an eight channel installation running with great success.  My local noise plot shows only a very few points however even though I have run the installation for several hours.  Is there a way to trigger production of a plot?  On what schedule are they produced?  Thanks for the help.