wsprdaemon on Nvidia Jetson Nano

Rob Robinett

I'm impressed!
When you are done with OpenAcc I have another SW project I would welcome help on ;=)

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM John via groups.io <n0ure=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wsprdaemon is now running well on the Jetson Nano, about 15% faster than pi 4. I built WSJT-X 2.3.1 from the source then copied the wsprd program to the bin directory.
Next project: apply OpenAcc to wsprd.

John

John

Wsprdaemon is now running well on the Jetson Nano, about 15% faster than pi 4. I built WSJT-X 2.3.1 from the source then copied the wsprd program to the bin directory.
Next project: apply OpenAcc to wsprd.

John

Rob Robinett

WD installs the arm64 version wsprd, but WSJT-x builds that for the Pi.
You will probably need to compile wsprd from sources to get it to run on your nano.

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 7:05 AM Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

the nano uses 64bit-ARMv8.... does wsprd (or wsjtx-x) support that?

On 5/1/21 9:21 AM, John via groups.io wrote:
I never see the wsprd process listed in the TOP display.
I went to the wsprdaemon/bin dir and did a
wsprdaemon@wsprdaemon-desktop:~/wsprdaemon/bin$ ./wsprd
-bash: ./wsprd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
command and got this error.
Did I do this correctly?
Is the correct response?
John

Jim Lill

[...]

I forgot to add that I am running the smallest configuration for this test. One KIWIsdr and only one 20 meter channel. I do see the recorder process in the KIWI.
John

John

Still working on the same problem to get wsprdaemon to run on the Nvidia Nano running UBUNTU 18.04.
The problem I am seeing is no spots with the tail -F uploads.log command. I do see the message to purge the empty file.
I have kiwi built in wspr app running on the kiwi and I see spots on the same 20 meters/
Rod had me add my CPU type arm64 to the wsprdaemon script. I did not see any change.
I guess that maby the wsprd program that Rob imports from wsjtx may not be compatible with the arm64.
I spent the week building wsjtx from source on the Nano. I then moved the new wsprd into the bin folder.
I ran wsprdaemon again -- no change.I started wsprdaemon and then wd -d three times to get the high verbose.
I let it run for 12 min. I have attached the wsprdaemon log file but I do not know what to look for. Rob is still tied up with the new house and version 3
so I thought I would post here and hope for recomendations.
Thanks in advance for any comments
John

Jim Lill

and how many bands are you trying to decode?

WA2TP - Tom

Try running these on your wd server

1) from a terminal session on the Pi type "cd ~/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/wsprnet.d/spots.d <ENTER>"

2) from that same  terminal session on the Pi type "~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -d <ENTER>"

3) from that same  terminal session on the Pi type "tail -f uploads.log <ENTER>"

 Should bump verbosity to 1

You will then see log messages about your spot uploads as they are executed.

Basic status commands

~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -a Starts WD running as a background linux service which will automatically start after any reboot or power cycle of your server
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -z Stop any running WD, but it will start again after a reboot/power cycle
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -s Display the status of the WD service
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -h Help menu

I have been working to get the daemon running on the 4GB nano. Most is looking well. The KIWIs are loading ok just no spot uploads.
At decode time { 8 sec mark} I see a bump in CPU to 80% but it only lasts for 3 seconds. How can I check on the wsprd processes? Can I learn anything with three -d ? Is there a place in the wsprdaemon.sh  where I might trap an error message?

John
TI4JWC

Jim Lill

what OS are you running?