wsprdaemon on Nvidia Jetson Nano

Rob Robinett

I'm impressed!
When you are done with OpenAcc I have another SW project I would welcome help on ;=)

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM John via groups.io <n0ure=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wsprdaemon is now running well on the Jetson Nano, about 15% faster than pi 4. I built WSJT-X 2.3.1 from the source then copied the wsprd program to the bin directory.
Next project: apply OpenAcc to wsprd.

John

John

Wsprdaemon is now running well on the Jetson Nano, about 15% faster than pi 4. I built WSJT-X 2.3.1 from the source then copied the wsprd program to the bin directory.
Next project: apply OpenAcc to wsprd.

John

Rob Robinett

WD installs the arm64 version wsprd, but WSJT-x builds that for the Pi.
You will probably need to compile wsprd from sources to get it to run on your nano.

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 7:05 AM Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

the nano uses 64bit-ARMv8.... does wsprd (or wsjtx-x) support that?

On 5/1/21 9:21 AM, John via groups.io wrote:
I never see the wsprd process listed in the TOP display.
I went to the wsprdaemon/bin dir and did a
wsprdaemon@wsprdaemon-desktop:~/wsprdaemon/bin$ ./wsprd
-bash: ./wsprd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
command and got this error.
Did I do this correctly?
Is the correct response?
John

Jim Lill

[...]

I forgot to add that I am running the smallest configuration for this test. One KIWIsdr and only one 20 meter channel. I do see the recorder process in the KIWI.
John

John

Still working on the same problem to get wsprdaemon to run on the Nvidia Nano running UBUNTU 18.04.
The problem I am seeing is no spots with the tail -F uploads.log command. I do see the message to purge the empty file.
I have kiwi built in wspr app running on the kiwi and I see spots on the same 20 meters/
Rod had me add my CPU type arm64 to the wsprdaemon script. I did not see any change.
I guess that maby the wsprd program that Rob imports from wsjtx may not be compatible with the arm64.
I spent the week building wsjtx from source on the Nano. I then moved the new wsprd into the bin folder.
I ran wsprdaemon again -- no change.I started wsprdaemon and then wd -d three times to get the high verbose.
I let it run for 12 min. I have attached the wsprdaemon log file but I do not know what to look for. Rob is still tied up with the new house and version 3
so I thought I would post here and hope for recomendations.
Thanks in advance for any comments
John

Jim Lill

and how many bands are you trying to decode?

WA2TP

Try running these on your wd server

1) from a terminal session on the Pi type "cd ~/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/wsprnet.d/spots.d <ENTER>"

2) from that same  terminal session on the Pi type "~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -d <ENTER>"

3) from that same  terminal session on the Pi type "tail -f uploads.log <ENTER>"

 Should bump verbosity to 1

You will then see log messages about your spot uploads as they are executed.

Basic status commands

~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -a Starts WD running as a background linux service which will automatically start after any reboot or power cycle of your server
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -z Stop any running WD, but it will start again after a reboot/power cycle
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -s Display the status of the WD service
~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -h Help menu

I have been working to get the daemon running on the 4GB nano. Most is looking well. The KIWIs are loading ok just no spot uploads.
At decode time { 8 sec mark} I see a bump in CPU to 80% but it only lasts for 3 seconds. How can I check on the wsprd processes? Can I learn anything with three -d ? Is there a place in the wsprdaemon.sh  where I might trap an error message?

John
TI4JWC

Jim Lill

what OS are you running?