Kiwi As Your Time Server

craigmc@...

Rob,

I have a spare Kiwi, new in box but no metal case, that I could send you for testing.
--
Craig, W6DRZ

Rob Robinett

I have just been studying how to configure the WD server to use the Kiwi's NTP service.
It seems that WD should leave its time and ntp service alone if 'ntpq -p' reports that ntp is synced via an Internet connection.
But if the WD server is not connected to the Internet, and the Kiwi's sw_version is v1.413 or later, and the Kiwi reports the Kiwi is in gps lock,  then WD would instruct its ntp service to add the Kiwi to its list of ntp servers.
Not having a Kiwi in my office this morning, I have no way to test if 'ntpdate -u yourkiwiaddress' would do that.

jimcny2

On Client:
sudo apt-get install ntpdate
sudo ntpdate -u yourkiwiaddress
Kiwi needs no mods. Port should be open on lan.