Re: Dropping spots.

Rob Robinett

I have just increased the curl timeouts on my scrapers from 10 seconds to 120 seconds which seems to result in many more successful scrapes from the wsprnet.org server.
Some successful API calls take 40-70 seconds, while occasionally curl returns error 56.

There remains a second problem of gaps in the downloaded spots, and I have some code changes to try which might address that issue.
Only now do I appreciate the size of the downloads. Some of them approach 1 MB.

In any case, I expect that vk7jj and others who use wsprdaemon.org will be once again getting most, if not all, of the spots in wsprnet.org