Memory leak (Bullseye)

John K5MO

Rob mentions:

in your case the much bigger problem is a memory leak in the Bash 5.1.4 included in bullseye.  Gwyn G3ZIL identified that problem which leads the Pi to run out of memory in 1-5 days.

I now see this too, in my Pi4 install of 3.0.2 .  It's running great otherwise.  ("other than that, how did you like the play Mrs Lincoln?").   Do I understand this is an issue with Bash?

While I can restart my system every 5 days or so, does anyone know if this is likely to be fixed in a new release of Bash, or is it associated only with the combination of Bash and WD?

Thanks. It's probably a dumb question, but I'd rather wait and update Bash than build a new system.

John K5MO