Re: wsprdaemon with SDRplay devices on Raspberry Pi 4

Rob Robinett

Perhaps  I could tune the RP1/2 to a carrier generated by a GPSDO on the bench next to the RP and then use the measured tuning error to adjust the WSPR tuning frequency.  That isn't nearly as good as driving the clock of the RP1/2, but no soldering required ;=)

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 8:46 PM Glenn Elmore <n6gn@...> wrote:
Unfortunately upon surveying  > 30 OTA HDTV broadcasts here on Colorado
's Front Range with my GPSDO referenced 0-2 GHz Frequency Extender,
hearing HDTV ATSC pilot carriers from well South of Denver up to the
Wyoming border, I find almost *NONE* of them on the 'correct' ATSC spot.
They are generally within 1 kHz (FCC spec?) but they deliberately offset
in order to avoid QRMing each other. Unless you can get the
engineer-in-charge to tell you what their exact offset is (if they know
it) I don't think these signals are nearly as useful as first hoped.

So much for using ATSC for the truly accurate frequency information it
might otherwise provide. It's slated to disappear anyway...