Re: FST4W and 22M now working in version 3.0.2

@OE3GBB

Hi,

Have installed V3.0 first on the odroid XU4 (Ubuntu). Istallation seems to be OK, but did not work. The connection to the SDR is allways broken right after 2 minutes. Therefore no decoding and upload. SDR is a Flydog-SDR.

Then tried it on a RPi4, but unfortunatly same problem.

Had to stop now to go to a club reunion.

Will try it tomorrow with a Rasp_SDR.

73 Gerhard OE3GBB

Am 20.05.2022 15:23, schrieb Rob Robinett:

I know that in the recent past Jim WA2ZKD has installed WD on his odroid systems.
WD 3.0 includes the option for you to configure it to give me remote access if you need installation help.

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 3:45 AM <gerhard@...> wrote:

Hello Rob,

great news! I am running the monitor at OE3XOE, at the moment using DigiSkimmer for WSPR and FT8. I will try V3, but I would like to use a Odroid XU4 instead a RPI4. Do you have instructions to install on this hardware?

73 de Gerhard OE3GBB

Am 20.05.2022 06:53, schrieb Rob Robinett:

The new Wsprdaemon version 3.0 software running on 20 sites from Maui to Europe is configured to simultaneously decode and report to wsprnet.org WSPR-2 and all of the FST4W-xxx modes on 630M and 160M. i.e. only one Kiwi rx channel is needed to decode all of the modes in every WSPR cycle.

While Spring and Summer are not optimal for those bands, I am seeing FST4W-120, -300 -900 and -1800 spots in Europe and on the East Coast.

On 2200M AI6VN/KH6 in Maui, N6GN in Colorado, and WA2TP in New York are decoding all the FST4W modes.

I expect that soon many the 50+ top spotting stations will be running Wsprdaemon Version 3.0 and extend FST4W listening coverage worldwide.

Hopefully that many FST4W listeners will encourage 2200/630/160 beacons to start transmitting in those modes

The Pi4 has just enough CPU to decode all 15 WSPR (i.e. 22M) bands and all of the FST4W modes on 2200/630/160M.

'git checkout 3.0.2' will get you the latest build (currently 3.0.2.4)
It is compatible with your existing config files, but to decode FST4W modes you will need to add specifications for them to your schedule.