Re: Kiwi Forum status?

Phil Karn

I'm seeing groups of related IP addresses from places like Sao Paulo, Moscow, Los Angeles and Beijing. The users all claim to be in Piscataway, NJ. The connections are coordinated, persistent and annoying, and I'm not sure exactly what they're trying to do. I wouldn't mind so much if it just hogged one channel, but it's trying to hog all four which it can apparently do even when only one is actually tuned to a frequency. I.e., four TCP connections appear with background traffic on each one, but only one seems to be carrying actual receiver channel data, and only one shows up in the user list. But no new users can log in. I could impose a tighter time limit, but they already disconnect and reconnect every 15 minutes or so.

I'm reserving one channel for use with a password. But I really want to make my KiwiSDRs openly available so I hesitate to get even more restrictive.

And I'm still wondering why they're so interested in just one of the three KiwiSDRs I run. All three are in the directory. This one is different in that it uses a non-standard port number (8873) because of the IP port forwarding needed to reach it but I don't see how that could be relevant.