Noiseblanker in kiwirecorder as a pre-processor to reduce local fence noise before wd writes the wav-files

ON5KQ

Rob, this is a question for the code-expert...:

Sometimes I have some fence pulse noise on one of my antennas.
I found out, that when listening on this antenna with the kiwi, I can completely erase the noise, when switching on the kiwi noise blanker in standard mode.
I believe that the wav-files written by wsprdaemon do no process the audio information before it is written in memory for later decoding. It means that kiwirecorder do NOT use the noiseblanker normally, when writing the WAV files.

Now I found there are many options, which can be set for the kiwirecorder.
One can find the options in the wsprdaemon/kiwiclient directory by doing:

$ python3 kiwirecorder.py --help

This calls a list of all available options for the kiwirecorder. In this list of available options we can find for example:

--nb         Enable noise blanker with default parameters

This is exactly I was looking for...
Now my question:
- Can I use this option somehow as a parameter setting in the wsprdaemon.conf file, to activate the noise blanker as an pre-processor for Wsprdaemon ?
- How would I do it ? What is the syntax, I would need to use, to activate the noise blanker by an additional line in Wsprdaemon.conf...

I am thinking about something similar, as you once showed how to change the parameters for 'wsprd'  decoding engine...
Could you post an example, what exactly I would need to add in wsprdaemon.conf ?

If this is not possible in the conf - file, is there a different method how to activate the noise blanker for some tests ?

Many thanks for some help....

Ulli, ON5KQ