Re: Filtering data by AZIMUTH *and* DISTANCE - seeking your feedback

Gwyn Griffiths

Hi Curt
Your idea is not a million miles from a Grafana Dashboard I have available via the wsprdaemon.org site.

I've attached a screenshot with example 'graphs' below. One can choose how many days to show - time is along the x axis, here 4 days.
Range is along the Y axis and the color represents number of spots in 'bins' that are 20 minutes in time and 200 km in range. One can select two bands and a reception location by 4-character grid, in this case 40 m top and 20 m bottom and IO90 (UK)  and one sets the direction (heading) at the receiver, and the 'beamwidth', here 275˚ with a 30˚ beamwidth, which from IO90 covers North America. The resolution in this plot does not do justice to the data.

Information on the wsprdaemon.org Grafana Dashboards is at http://wsprdaemon.org/grafana.html
However ... because of quantity of data etc. these plots using the Timescale database can take minutes to render. I am in the process of converting to use Clickhouse, but not done this one yet. I can prioritise if of interest to you.

regards
Gwyn G3ZIL