Re: Chasing ov

Rolf Ekstrand

Rob

Here the 1660  station is about 10 km @ 10 Kw daytime 1 Kw night time  and the  1560 is about 5 km @ 5 Kw daytime and 1 Kw nighttime.   I have another one with 4 phased towers about 2 1/2 km at 990.  Not sure about the power yet, but the Flamingo knocks them down well below the two others.  I am still running the Kiwi without any pre amp as I think it is better to solve the overloads first.

Yup them EU stations have a much tougher situation on 40 m. I still remember the racket   when I lived in SM land prior to 1978 (I got my licence there in 1964).  If I recall it right it was Radio Peking all over the place.  Those were also the years of the Russian Woodpecker that was even worse QRM.

Rolf