Re: wsprdaemon.log, error message meaning

Rob Robinett

No, those are not benign and your log file will grow unbounded.
Can you email your conf file and I'll log into it.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 1:57 PM Bruce KX4AZ <bruce@...> wrote:
As far as I can determine wsprdaemon is running fine since I got it started a day or two ago.  I have noticed that the log file is full of repeated error messages of this type:

Mon Oct 18 12:30:01 UTC 2021: watchdog_daemon() starting as pid 1112
sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #1, char 14: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #1, char 14: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unknown option to `s'...

The file size is about 159 kB right now after about 9 hours uptime, just wanted to make sure these are "benign" errors that won't eventually cause a problem.