Re: HB9VQQ testing Kiwi SDR

KD2OM

Rolf,
I am using three different amplifiers built by N4CY Everett Sharp. They all are 11 dB gain. He has changed the version several times, one has a relay to disconnect the antenna when no power is supplied. I am feeding power to them using a bias T, also built by Everett.
I do need to increase the gain for my beverage antenna, candidates are a 20 dB gain amplifier from Advanced Receiver Research and a 23 dB amplifier designed by K8ZOA from DX Engineering.

73,
Steve KD2OM

On Oct 15, 2021, at 13:44, Rolf Ekstrand <rekstrand@...> wrote:

Hi again y'all

I have run my Kiwi  here with AM filter for more than a year now almost 24/7 and I am very happy with it.  I am only using an old ground mounted  Cushcraft R7.  I am still planning to expand with additional kiwis  for the low bands and a vertical log periodic towards middle EU.  In the meantime I like to try a LNA ( with a 50 ohm HP on let say 10 Mhz) on the vertical.

I guess I could cobble together a Norton amp or similar and the HP filter, but before doing so,  what are the "big gun" WD kiwi stations out there using if they need a boost??

73  Rolf