Re: HB9VQQ testing Kiwi SDR

Rolf Ekstrand

Hi again y'all

I have run my Kiwi  here with AM filter for more than a year now almost 24/7 and I am very happy with it.  I am only using an old ground mounted  Cushcraft R7.  I am still planning to expand with additional kiwis  for the low bands and a vertical log periodic towards middle EU.  In the meantime I like to try a LNA ( with a 50 ohm HP on let say 10 Mhz) on the vertical.

I guess I could cobble together a Norton amp or similar and the HP filter, but before doing so,  what are the "big gun" WD kiwi stations out there using if they need a boost??

73  Rolf