Re: Radio "limbo"

Bruce KX4AZ

After nearly 24 hours running at 50 microwatts (-13 dBm), there were still 8 stations who heard me, though the total spot count and geographical diversity is narrowing.  And some stations were hanging by a thread, with a just single spot for the entire day.  Interestingly there is a trio of Alabama spotters, all in the same general area that are hanging in there too.

So it's time to lower the bar a bit further.  As of 1600 UTC today (6 October 2021) I've reduced the power output to 10 microwatts (-20 dBm!).  Stay tuned for further developments.