Re: I'm looking for FST4W signals

Rob Robinett

WD is now decoding FST4W, but I am confused about how to label those spots by the discussion at: https://www.wsprnet.org/drupal/node/8500#comments
As I read it, all two minute long WSPR packets should be labeled as mode '2' in the spots uploaded to wsprnet.org.
If that is the case, then I will follow that rule but upload 2 minute FST4W extended spots to wsprdaemon.org as mode 12 so they can be distinguished from legacy WSPR spots.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 2:17 PM Rob Robinett via groups.io <rob=robinett.us@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Glenn,

Why didn't I think of that?  Too much bash on the brain, I guess.
Rather than use a loopback audio path, I am running WSJT-x on one laptop and connecting an audio jumper cable to the input audio on another laptop.

Thanks!

Rob

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:30 AM Glenn Elmore <n6gn@...> wrote:

If you run two instances of WSJT-X and a virtual audio cable/mixer can't you generate all the files and types possible?

On 9/11/21 12:00 PM, Rob Robinett wrote:
One 2 minute wav file which has a FST4W signal in it would be enough for me

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 10:17 AM Jim Lill <jim@...> wrote:

I meant to say I could get something going on my "local" TX as I did for John with 2G ALE if that would help

On 9/11/21 1:16 PM, Jim Lill wrote:
On 9/11/21 11:19 AM, Rob Robinett wrote:
I have started to debug FST4W decoding in the WD 3.0 alpha but so far I can't find any signals at KPH on 630, and WSJT-x doesn't seem to identify such signals, if they exist, on other bands
I am using WSJT-x to decode audio from a browser session to KPH but I can find no signals on 630,  Can anyone suggest a source of FST4W signals I can use?
Thanks