Re: first time more than 3000spots/hour on all bands...

ON5KQ

I mean the current one, which wsprdaemon is using. However I remember the last update of wsprd decoder engine, it was said by the developers, that it should be more efficient in busy bands. Also the summer QRN is a real stress test for the decoder. The developers said, that also in summer qrn their latest decoder (which we have now for at least 6 month or so) should work better....
So nothing to do...hi

Yesterday was just a good test case to verify the robustness of the decoder - I think we must be happy to have such good software.

Today I received my first UK-station on 4m (70Mhz) over a distance of a little more than 450km - no special propagation just groundwave...
The last couple of days I am testing how to use my terminated rhombic antenna on 6m and above. It is pointing to the UK and it turns out to be very broadband. I use it from 160m to 70Mhz for reception with good results.
VSWR as measured with my DG8SAQ VNA:  (30kHz to 60Mhz trace)

Not that bad...

Ulli, ON5KQ