Re: Prefix/suffix call signs TX messages (Type 2) don't make it to WSPRnet.org, any solution for this?

Rob Robinett

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 10:27 AM, Harry Zachrisson - SM7PNV wrote:
SM7PNV
I think there are limits on the number of character+ digits in the type 1 and type 2 message fields in WSPR packets which your callsign/extension may exceed.
There is a good explanation of the WSPR packet format at https://dxplorer.net/wspr/msgtypes.html#:~:text=The%20normal%20WSPR%20message%20%22Type,of%20up%20to%20six%20characters.

For users registered with wsprnet.org, it seems that they use your registered tx/rx 6 character maidenhead location when recording your type 1 messages which contain only the 4 character locator.

The wsprdaemon.org clone of the wsprnet.org spot database makes no modifications of the spots delivered by the wsprnet.org API.  If anyone sees they don't match, then there is a bug I am not aware of.