Re: GPS antenna

Glenn Elmore

from my experience and measurements the Kiwi GPS doesn't have much defense against out of band QRM such as is generated by the Kiwi board itself and radiates or couples especially from the SMA end.
Better GPS antennas seem to have tighter filtering around 1575 MHz and help the  on-board system.
For example a Trimble antenna I happened to have shows about half the width and does noticeably better than the type that SEEED seems to ship.
Knowing what you are getting in this regard may be difficult though.

On Mar 6, 2021 8:11 AM, "John via groups.io" <n0ure@...> wrote:
I need to purchase a GPS antenna for my KIWI.
Are there any on Amazon to avoid?

John