Anomaly with BBAI network connection

Rob Robinett

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Thomas Paratore <WA2TP@...>
Date: Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 11:51 AM
Subject: Anomaly with BBAI network connection
To: Clint Turner <turner@...>, Glenn Elmore <n6gn@...>, ai6vn <rob@...>

Gents,

Today I was switching out the old 100Mbit 5 port switch which I use to connect all of my kiwi to the Server, with a new GB netgear switch, to also support some Gig E devices close by.

After swapping it out to notice the once again my curl uploads were skipping sequences and when they did upload the upload count was unusually low.

After looking at the switch link lights, I noticed that the 3 BBAI Kiwi were connected at  1Gb, the two BBgreen Stock Kiwis @ 10Mb.

I said hmmmm. The Kiwi don’t support Gb links only 10/100.

So,  I put the old 100Mb switch back in place, and curls returned to normal.

I think they’re may be something  in the BBAI build that defaults the ethernet port to Gb, which may be causing some type of traffic issue between the two.

Just a heads up for any thoughts on this.

Tom

WA2TP