Topics

Event: Visit to National Space Centre, Leicester - Saturday, 22 June 2019 #cal-invite

worcesterastro@groups.io Calendar <worcesterastro@...>

Visit to National Space Centre, Leicester

When:
Saturday, 22 June 2019
10:00am to 4:00pm
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
National Space Centre, Exploration Drive, Leicester LE4 5NS

We are organising a group visit to the National Space Centre in Leicester on Saturday 22 June 2019.  If we can get 15 people (or more) attending we have an entrance fee of only £11.50, instead of the usual £15 (or £12 for concessions) + a planetarium show.  Furthermore, the society has decided to offer a further £5 discount for every WAS member who wants to attend.  This means the total cost to each WAS member will be between £10 and £6.50.
You can find more about the excellent National Space Centre at https://spacecentre.co.uk/
We are not planning to have a coach, instead we will organise car sharing nearer the time.  Travel time from Worcester would normally be around 1.5 hours (just under 80 miles).
To secure a space (no pun intended) we need £5 cash deposit paid to us not later than our next main meeting on Thursday 14th March.

Clear Skies

Christopher Mancrief

Can you put me down for two seats please, one for a member and one for a non member.

Chris Mancrief

On 14 Feb 2019, at 23:08, worcesterastro@groups.io Calendar <worcesterastro@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

<mime-attachment.ics>
<invite.ics>

Christopher Mancrief

Sorry but I need to cancel my previous booking as I thought it was a coach trip, not car sharing.

On 15 Feb 2019, at 12:14, Christopher Mancrief via Groups.Io <c.mancrief@...> wrote:

[...]

Jonathan Fligelstone

That sounds great. Please could you reserve 2 places for me (member + non member). I would prefer to drive rather than be driven and  would be able to provide a lift for a further 2-3 people. I will pay the deposit at the next meeting.

Jonathan.

Michael Morris

Okay, we now enough people to get the group discount, so I've now paid the deposit.  Any further bookings can be on an 'as and when' basis, although we should give them firm final numbers before the end of May.  All we are asking for is a £5 deposit.    Guests will be eligible for the group discount of £3.50 each, but not the additional WAS member's subsidy of £5 each.  Therefore, the balance will be £1.50 for WAS members and £6.50 for guests.  We'll sort out collecting this balance nearer the time.

We'll look to sort out lift shares in April/May.  Thanks everyone for your quick replies. :-)