Topics

ASIAIR Connect to HEQ5 M0unt

andy@...

Hi Does anyone know how to set up the ASIAIR to a Skywatcher HEQ5 mount? I have the ASIAIR connected to the mount using an RS232 cable to the handset and an RS232 cable to the mount via usb, When I try to connect the  software to the Telescope Using the Sky Watcher SynScan Beta Serial RS232 Baud 9600 I just get a message saying Connect failed Please make sure the USB to Serial cable is connected. Has anyone got any ideas as I want to use it for guiding.

Michael Morris

Hi Andy
Have you seen this posting on the ZWO forum?

andy@...

Thanks Michael

I hadn't seen that and to be honest each time I have tried to set it up it has been in the day so no star alignment was done. I am hoping for a clear night tonight so I will try to connect it again later. I am going to Lincoln tomorrow and I was hoping for a bit less light pollution there so I could take some images if I can get it all connected.

Michael Morris

You could easily test it in daylight by simply going through the alignment routine and just confirm the alignment step, either though they aren't actually aligned.

Christopher Mancrief

Another possibly useful address is https://youtu.be/TwDoKpvajoo which is a review of the ASIAIR connected to A Skywatcher scope