Topics

20190524 RE: [worcesterastro] IMPORTANT Trip to National Space Centre, Leicester on Saturday 22 June 2019.

Christopher J Baddiley

Hello Michael and everyone,

We are recently back from a Far East cruise, flying to Tokyo, then starting at Hong Kong, Vietnam three cities, Singapore then a second, visiting Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia, returning to Singapore and back; away for about a month. Susy then went on to Guadalajara to see family for a further week and has only just returned and recovering. Susy with her heart failure and me with my increasing back problems didn't stop us .  We are here until early August and then away for over a month.

We didn't sign up for the National space Centre with uncertainties about plans and Susy's ups and downs previously and general health.

I have had a word with her and she's actually quite keen to come to the National spacecentre at Leicester on the 22nd, although I know that I didn't say we would and haven't paid any deposit.

No matter if it's not practical, but we are happy to come along, discount or no discount, that doesn't matter.

The problem is that neither of us are good at driving any distance, I can only just make it to Worcester, never mind anything else. Susy’s driving is better than mine, but after her heart failure and even well before, it is limited; so we would prefer to be passengers if possible.

I suspect there aren't enough cars for lifts for everyone who is committed going.

If we are causing a problem. Just forget it, otherwise we would like to come.

Come back to quite a lot of problems, especially with central heating failure. Looks like the borehole water pump has failed. Camera and lens separately failed on the trip , and now parts of the hi-fi has done the same. House roof problems as well as the Observatory floor and roof collapsing. Plenty to deal with.

Regards Chris