Visit to Space Centre -final update

Michael Morris

Trip to National Space Centre, Leicester on Saturday 22 June 2019.

Address: National Space Centre, Exploration Drive, Leicester, LE4 5NS

Tel: 0116 261 0261

https://spacecentre.co.uk/

Travel

The quickest and easiest route from Worcester on a Saturday morning should be M5  >  M42  > M6 Southbound > M69 to Leicester.  Travel time by car is estimated to be around 1 hour 30 minutes.

The National Space Centre is located just off the A6, two miles north of Leicester City Centre, midway between Leicester’s inner and outer ring roads. Brown road signs with a distinctive rocket logo will direct you from the arterial routes around Leicester.

The centre has over 400 parking spaces in their car park, including 23 enhanced accessibility spaces, charged at £3 pay and display for the whole day.

Our aim is to meet IN RECEPTION (not outside reception as originally planned) to the Space Centre at 10:00 am, so we recommend you aim to leave Worcester no later than 08:15 am.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to attend due to illness, so our treasurer, Rod Stewart, has very kindly offered to liaise with the centre on the day (Thanks Rod, you are a hero!).  If you are delayed and are going to arrive significantly later than 10:00 am you may need to book in at reception yourself.    If this is the case, please give me a ring on 07446 222545 and I will let Rod know.  If you have to book yourself in at reception know, please let them know your name and that you are part of the WAS group booking.

Please pay your outstanding balance to Rod on the day.

·         Members who have already paid a £5 deposit, balance due = £1

·         Guests who have already paid a £5 deposit, balance due = £6

·         Members who have not yet paid deposit, balance due = £6

Rod has details of who has already paid a deposit.

Lift sharing

It would be appreciated if those being given a lift to the Space Centre were to offer the driver a contribution towards fuel costs (Typical fuel cost for this 154 mile round trip would be about £18-£20.  So, for a car for 4 people this would equate to about £4.50 - £5 a head).

Itinery

We will be meet in reception at 10:00 am.  Your admission will include a free Night Sky Tour planetarium show at 11:50, finishing at 12:20.  I suggest that we  meet up at the ‘Booster Café’ on the site for lunch at 12:30.  We will nominally plan to leave at 3:00 pm.

Have a great day