IMPORTANT Trip to National Space Centre, Leicester on Saturday 22 June 2019.

Michael Morris

Trip to National Space Centre, Leicester on Saturday 22 June 2019.

Address: National Space Centre, Exploration Drive, Leicester, LE4 5NS

Tel: 0116 261 0261

https://spacecentre.co.uk/

The quickest and easiest route from Worcester on a Saturday morning should be M5  >  M42  > M6 Southbound > M69 to Leicester.  Travel time by car is estimated to be around 1 hour 30 minutes.

The National Space Centre is located just off the A6, two miles north of Leicester City Centre, midway between Leicester’s inner and outer ring roads. Brown road signs with a distinctive rocket logo will direct you from the arterial routes around Leicester.

They have over 400 parking spaces in our car park, including 23 enhanced accessibility spaces, charged at £3 pay and display for the whole day.

Our aim is to meet by the main entrance to the Space Centre at 10:00 am, so we recommend you aim to leave Worcester no later than 08:15 am.

Itinery

We will be met at the reception by a member of the Space Centre Staff at 10:00 am.  Your admission will include a free Night Sky Tour planetarium show at 11:50, finishing at 12:20.   We need to all be at the planetarium by 11;40am.  I suggest that we meet up at the ‘Booster Café’ on the site for lunch at 12:30.  We will nominally plan to leave at 3:00 pm.

Lift sharing

In order to save money, we are not planning to travel by coach. Instead we plan to lift share.  There are 16 people booked for the visit.  So we need will need 4 people prepared to offer lifts to two other people each.  Chris Livingstone (South Worcester) and Michael Morris (North Worcester) will both be offering lifts.  So first off, we are looking for at least 2 (preferably 3) additional people who are prepared to offer lifts members to and from Leicester.  Please will you contact either Michael Morris via this message board or on his mobile (07446 222545) to let him know who can give lifts and who needs a lift and what area you live in.  We could do with getting this sorted over the next 14 days (by 6th June).  We will then put people in touch so that they can make arrangements for the day.

The people who have paid their deposit are.
Chris Livingstone
Michael Morris
Mark Ward
Gordon Law
Tony Dean
Alamgir Khan
Jonathan Fligelstone + 1 Guest
Stuart Gregory + 1 Guest
Debbie Schep
Andrew Schep
Bob Cole + 1 Guest
Margaret White
Ruth Hardman

It would be nice if those being given a lift to the Space Centre were to offer the driver a contribution towards fuel costs (Typical fuel cost for this 154 mile round trip would be about £17 + £3 a car to park.  So, for a car for 4 people this would equate to about £5 a head).

On the day. members each need to pay Michael a further £1 and guests a further £6 to cover the admission price.  However, if 2 or more people pull out of the event we will lose our group booking discount and a further £4 a head will be due. :-(