Whirlpool Galaxy

andy@...

Hi all,
As Wednesday was so clear I got my telescope out and thought I would look at some galaxies I was very underwhelmed as pointing my foot mount st different DSO's didn't show me anything. I ended up pointing at at the whirlpool galaxy which I couldn't see so I attached my Nikon and took a 25 second exposure. I was delighted to see the galaxy appear faintly within the shot so I took 50 more shots and managed to get this picture. What do you think of it. Now I know it works I will hopefully get more data and expand on it.