Has anyone got a Windows XP computer I could use/borrow?

Michael Morris

I've just picked up an old Philips Toucam Pro webcam which I'd like to be able to use on a Windows 7 computer I have in the observatory.  The problem is that the otherwise excellent Toucam Pro is not compatible with anything later than Windows XP.  There is a technique of flashing the firmware on the camera to think it is the later SPC900NC model, making compatible with later versions of Windows. The problem is that you need to perform this firmware upgrade from a Windows XP machine.  It involves installing a piece of software called WcRmac and the Toucam pro and SPC900 drivers on the XP machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V22GX7sHCUw

Can anyone help?

Thanks