IET Jay Tate Science of Armegaddon

Christopher J Baddiley

A reminder from Brian Middleton of the IET... sent to me recently.. Mon 13th.

Note registration on line is  needed but it is free.

This has been our way a few years ago, but will be updated.

Chris....

The Science of Armageddon

Talk by Jay Tate FRAS, Director of the Spaceguard Centre.

Monday 13th November 2017 at 7:30pm

EE G087 Urwin Lecture Theatre (University of Worcester St John’s Campus)

The Earth has a long and violent history of collisions with extraterrestrial bodies such as asteroids and comets. Several of these impacts have been large enough to cause huge environmental upheavals, causing mass extinctions and severe changes to global climate and geography. Many smaller strikes, though not globally threatening, have caused enormous damage, often at considerable distance.

Registration is via the IET website; www.theiet.org/herefordworcs