FW: IET Talk: The Science of Armageddon Jay Tate Nov 13 Uni Worc Reg reqd.

Christopher J Baddiley

Forwarded.....

From: Brian Middleton [mailto:bmmiddleton@...]
Sent: 24 October 2017 20:54
To: cjbaddiley@...
Subject: IET Talk: Armageddon

May I draw your attention to our forthcoming evening talk which I believe may interest you. Perhaps you could circulate the details to your colleagues in the Astronomy interest groups.

The Science of Armageddon

Talk by Jay Tate FRAS, Director of the Spaceguard Centre.

Monday 13th November 2017 at 7:30pm

EE G087 Urwin Lecture Theatre

The Earth has a long and violent history of collisions with extraterrestrial bodies such as asteroids and comets. Several of these impacts have been large enough to cause huge environmental upheavals, causing mass extinctions and severe changes to global climate and geography. Many smaller strikes, though not globally threatening, have caused enormous damage, often at considerable distance.

Registration is via the IET website; www.theiet.org/herefordworcs

Hope you are keeping well and look forward to meeting up again,

Best wishes,

--
Brian Middleton
Past Chairman