20161112 RE: Friday 9th December - Astro Quiz

Christopher J Baddiley

Hello Mike,

having to cancel most social engagements just now. No chance of getting the meetings currently.

Last astronomy, I did was to take the spectrum of flare star CI Lep in outburst.

Very sorry missed Peter Cadogan's personal view on cosmology, as we had a number of email discussions on the need to include relativistic space time geometry,  a year ago.

In case you don't know I am laid up again with a great deal of pain in my leg, just as I was after my leg and hip socket breakage over a year ago. Can't put any weight on it. Fortunately we were just back from our last trip, to Hawaii. The main screw has shifted, just had a CT scan awaiting results, and expecting I will need another operation ASAP. In the meantime, I'm almost immobile.

Everyone ....Please remember Prof Diana Worrall's talk to the Institute of physics jointly with the Worcester astronomical society about the luminous jets from black holes heating the universe. January the 12th University of Worcester 7 30 p.m.

Regards Chris

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:46 PM, "michaelmorris4@... [worcesteras]" wrote:

Hi all,

Christmas is coming! Which means mince pies, too much food and of course the West Midlands Inter Society Astro Quiz!

This year the Astro quiz will be Quiz Mastered by last year’s winners, The Heart of England Astronomical Society.  Bromsgrove Astro Soc. will host the event on Friday the 9th of December at the Bromsgrove Rugby Football Club as usual, start time 8pm prompt for the quiz and food with suggested arrival of 7.30pm, or a bit earlier if you can’t wait and want to help with tables as we will open around 7pm.  The bar will be open all evening and we will of course have tea and coffee available too.

The cost of the evening is just £6, which covers the food, Bromsgrove will cover the cost of the room and bar staff as usual.  Your £6 will be collected on the evening, so please bring cash and change as it makes things much easier.

It would be great if we could field a team this year, so please let us know no later than next Thursday meeting (17th November) so that we can give Bromsgrove Astro Soc, an idea of numbers for the caterers.  It is all great fun and I can assure you we don't take it the tiniest bit seriously..

Please either let me know directly or post whether you can make it or not on here.