20160424 RE: Re: Viewing Transit of Mercury again

Christopher J Baddiley

Hello Mike again and anyone following this thread.

We are away from this Monday until Friday morning the 29th this week, but after that if you would like to come to check out my Observatory site any time, for suitability of the Mercury transit viewing ,you are welcome.

(01886) 880047 or (07956) 449233.

As I said, there is a reasonable amount of parking by the house but not on the Lane. I can accommodate large numbers of people in the house and about five in the Observatory control room at any one time.

You will be viewing from the upper side and back lawn with a full view directly South and West to the North and East . The house is East or South East from those locations , and at a lower level . The reasonably large garden is basically lawn with low fence, has a nearly full view of all horizons, but the best is the West with maximum elevation of distant trees the other side of a large field, of about 6° or less.

Regards Chris