20160422 RE: Re: Viewing Transit of Mercury

Christopher J Baddiley

Hello Mike,

I can accommodate large numbers of people in my garden, easily 15 in the house, or 30 split between two reception rooms, and about four or five in the Observatory control room at any one time.

Car parking for eight together near the house, and one at the drive entrance 150 m down by the road. Hedges prevent any more.

My horizon to the West is the best. It is limited by the trees the far side of a large field. I have used a basic inclinometer to get the angle of the top of the trees from West to North West horizon,  worst case. I reckon it is about 6 degrees. I wedged the inclinometer to read 8° thereabouts within a degree or so and that was above the trees. I can't vouch for the absolute accuracy!

Regards Chris