Moon photos

Mike <im.clement@...>

To The Moderator  of the  W.A.S. Group

Here attached are 2 Moon photos I made recently

and I thought that members might like to see them posted on the Yahoo  newsgroup website.

12sr-Copy2

Part of the Terminator towards Moon’s North .  Taken on (day 8),  April 11th 2011  , at 22.19 BST  from  Woodmancote , Cheltenham , Gloucestershire.

Composition shows :-  Plato (N ,top of photo) , Mare Imbrium with the great mountain ranges, curling around Archimedes and other craters, running from Plato to Eratosthenes (S).

Equipment used :-  Meade ETX 125  fitted with a X2 Barlow and Canon 350D camera body ( primary mounting )

Photographic settings :-   1/5 th second at ISO 400.

Photo editing :-  PhotoPlus X4  and Registax.

10-4-2rsjpg

Middle-of-Moon area .  Taken on (day 7 ), April 10th 2011 , at 21.30 from

same location.

Compositiion shows :-  crater Hipparchus and others around it , to the W of Mare Tranquillitatis.

Equipment and editing  details were same as per above except exposure time was 0.3 sec.

Yours sincerely

Mike Clement   ( Member )

  22 Denham Close , Woodmancote,

Cheltenham, GL52 9TX.  tel.no.   01242 674866.