AURORA ALERT

Michael Morris

I've just received a report from the Aurora Alert service operated by Lancaster University about possible aurora visible from the UK over the next few nights.
The message reads ...
"As you may have seen in the news, recent solar activity means that in the next few days we have the best chance of seeing the aurora for several years. If activity is detected we'll send another email. You can also follow us on twitter: @aurorawatchuk.
If you do see any aurora please add your photos to the AuroraWatch UKgroup on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/aurorawatch/
You can also add past sightings - we'll use the best contributions on our webpage: http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk
The AuroraWatch team

This email has been sent by the AuroraWatch mailing list.To unsubscribe or change your subscription options visit
http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/cgi-bin/subscribe "

To keep updated with the latest news on Aurora displays, visit
wwwww.spaceweather.com. You can subscribe to the Aurora Alerts service free at http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/

Please post an observing report here if you see an aurora display.