Topics

locked sticky Towards Better Message Management… #Group_Management

Chris_Jones

Not least because Groups.io handles threads and posts differently to Yahoo a Guidance Note with the same title as this thread has been placed in the "wiki" section. Members are respectfully asked to have a look at it - particularly points 3 & 4.

It will be subject to amendment should the need arise.

Chris / Moderator

Chris_Jones

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 02:46 am, I wrote:
Members are respectfully asked to have a look at it - particularly points 3 & 4.
Can I please reinforce the above points. Twice in the last two days I have had to edit "subject lines" because subscribers* had for some reason used a subtlely different subject to that on the post to which they were replying. If not "caught" by a moderator this results in a new thread being started, so we finish up with two similarly titled threads running concurrently, which is a bit silly. Threads can be merged (by a moderator) but it could get tedious and shouldn't be necessary.

The risk of split threads can be minimised - perhaps even eliminated - by making sure that the Reply function is used, either on the webpage or in response to an incoming email.

Chris (Moderator)

* No Names, No Pack Drill... this time.

Chris_Jones

The instances of members submitting posts without any "signature" is on the increase again.

Please sign your posts; the Moderators reserve the right to reject posts submitted "anonymously".

Or put a comment at the bottom of offending messages...

Chris / Moderator