Topics

No 19 set B aerial cable length

James D Teel II

Hello,

It's my understanding the No 19 set B aerial cable is set at a fixed length. Could someone please tell me that length?

V/R
James D Teel II
Edmond, OK

Chris_Suslowicz

James wrote:

Hello,

It's my understanding the No 19 set B aerial cable is set at a fixed length. Could someone please tell me that length?
From memory it's a multiple of five eighths of a wavelength, and you really need the original cable, either the short or the long one (depending on application) because the connectors are different at each end (set end is the standard elbow Pye socket, but with plexiglass insulators because it's VHF), but the aerial end has a straight connector because it has to fit inside the tubular aerial base mounting).

Part numbers are:

ZA.3142 Leads, Aerial, No.2 (or Connector, Coaxial, No.11), which is the short one.
ZA/3143 Leads, Aerial, No.3 (or Connector, Coaxial, No.11A), the rather longer one.

They both carry a warning label: "Tuned length. Do Not Cut.".

Reasonably common on eBay and elsewhere.

Chris. (G8KGS)