Topics

It's back again! (No surprise, given the asking price.)

Chris_Suslowicz

eBay item 111885513114

(A 6-ft rack with PSU, Creed 6S and 75, RA17 and three feet of FSK electronics from the 1960s/70s.)

Chris. (G8KGS)

Michael O'Beirne

Chris

The rack and gubbins look impressive!

The receiver is in fact an RA117. I suspect it is the E version because that has a modified AGC specifically for FSK with a very short attack time of around 7mS and a release of 10s.

The top unit is the FSY1.1 Adaptor. It's pretty simple circuitry with an input AF filter, a limiter, discriminator and DC amp/teleprinter output.

Then there is fancy switching and a scope tuning unit I can't identify it.

The old Creed 6S was pretty good for its era. I had one once. Neat and compact and not too noisy. It has an ingenious golfball type of print head.

But would I pay £875!!!!

Any serious mechanical RTTY user would opt for the better American CV89 Adaptor or the vastly better transistorised Mainline ST6 or the cheaper ST5. My old BARTG ST5 worked a real treat eons back.

73s
Michael
G8MOB