Topics

Bags, Aerial Gear

Bob_Ascah

Looking for the general dimensions of a Bag, Aerial Gear (PC82495C/273). Just the general bag itself less the handles.
Photos are plentiful however none of the manuals that I have looked at provide the size and my WS 19 Group library passwords appear to have been corrupted in a recent migration to a new computer.
I'm looking to include a representation of the bag in a scale model of a 1 (Cdn ) ASSU White Scout Car that I am building.

Bob A

Chris_Suslowicz

Bob A wrote:

Looking for the general dimensions of a Bag, Aerial Gear (PC82495C/273). Just the general bag itself less the handles.
Photos are plentiful however none of the manuals that I have looked at provide the size and my WS 19 Group library passwords appear to have been corrupted in a recent migration to a new computer.
I'm looking to include a representation of the bag in a scale model of a 1 (Cdn ) ASSU White Scout Car that I am building.
I carefully looked up the canvas Bags, Aerial Gear Mk.II (ZA.0437) specification from the 1940 VAOS before realising you wanted the Canadian leather holdall.

Fine. (picks up tape measure and wanders into the next room...)

The undistorted dimensions appear to be:

Length - 22.5 inches (measured edge to edge across the top flap)
Width - 7.5 inches (measured just above the reinforced corners.
Height - 7 inches (measured from the floor to the top edge of one end)

I can do detail photographs and more measurements if you need those.

(Both of my bags are currently within easy reach as I was trying to work out which bits of the 34-ft and 20-ft mast kit were missing. I have a wide variety of stays, halyards, insulator strings, and the mast insulators (which are still rather confusing).)

Best regards,
Chris. (G8KGS)
Junior Password Gnome.

Bob_Ascah

Chris
Thanks, that is most handy.  I am working in 1/35 scale so the product is going to come out a shade over 5/8".  As such fine detail measurements are not going to be required.
A couple of square on photos of the side and end would be useful if it is not too much trouble.  I should be able to scale any of the important details from that.
Many thanks for your time and troubles

Bob A