Topics

AN/ARC-164 pinout details

AlanM

Hi,

I have an AN/ARC-164 UHF radio (panel mount version) which I would very much like to get working. Does anyone out there have the pinout details please?

Many thanks,

Alan M

Alan Belton G8LIT

Alan,
If it is not being used with the separate coupler units, connections at the back should be just the power connector, antenna connector, and (depending how early a variant your set is), a single 9 way connector for audio in/out and PTT.
There are many versions though, from the original analogue only 25kHz set, to the final Have Quick anti-ECM version.
These sets were used by UKPLC until fairly recently in ground variants, in a waterproofed case or vehicle appliqué.

The TM is TM-11-5821-285-12-1, or on this link if it doesn’t get mangled/stripped.

Googling RT-1167/ARC-164 will otherwise find it.

Al

On Sunday, November 3, 2019, 6:18 pm, AlanM <alan.morris@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have an AN/ARC-164 UHF radio (panel mount version) which I would very much like to get working. Does anyone out there have the pinout details please?

Many thanks,

Alan M

AlanM

Hi,

Thank you Tom and Alan for the info on the AN/ARC-164 radio – much appreciated.

Alan M