Topics

Mallory Vibrator for the Wireless Set No. 52

David_Dunlop

Thanks, Chris.

That makes a lot of sense considering, as you say, the very close production timing of the 19-Mk III and 52 Sets here in Canada.

I will have to keep an eye out now for a pair of G640C's to complete the Spares List for the 52-Set. My guess would be, Mallory shipped a large quantity of these vibrators to CMC in bulk packaging for the assembly line and a smaller lot that were all individually packaged, intended for use to fill obligations for spare parts in the Military Supply System. I have seen evidence this was the way RADIOTRON delivered valves to CMC.

Best regards,

David
VE4DTD

Chris_Suslowicz

David (VE4DTD) wrote:

i have just discovered two different references in the 52-Set Manuals for the vibrator used in the Main Supply Unit and the ZE-12 Remote Receiver Supply.

These two references are the following Mallory Stock Numbers:

G640C
G6040C

I am thinking one of them must be a typo, but do not know which one. Compounding the problem is both of my working vibrators only sport a Canadian Marconi Company Part Number stamped on the top of the can. And just to rub a little salt in, I no longer have an old Mallory Catalog to look the numbers up in.

Anyone know what the correct Mallory number for this particular vibrator should be?
My guess would be G640C for correct vibrator. I can't imagine Mallory getting into the 6000 range!

(Especially since the WS52 and WS19 Mk3 were designed and in production within a year or two of each other.)

Best regards,
Chris. (G8KGS)

David_Dunlop